“Success in the Venly Fellowship for me was measured by my passion and effort to make a connection and significant impact with the local businesses I worked with during the year.”
Venly selected Tim as a Fellow after he graduated from Emmanuel College in 2016.
“The most exciting part of being a Fellow is using the Venly tools and training to guide my local business clients so they succeed through social media.”
Venly selected Em as a Fellow after they graduated from Mount Holyoke College in 2013.
“It was such an honor working with the Venly team and learning from the Venly team.”
Venly selected Colleen as Support Team Lead after she completed her service as a U.S. Marine officer leading Female Engagement Teams in Afghanistan.
Venly Fellowship Overview
- Recent Graduates
- Returning Veterans
- Military Spouses
- Social media-based outreach and engagement
- Community commerce-based innovation of products and services
- Cloud-based operations software
- Cybersecure grassroots use of big data and artificial intelligence
Attributes of a Venly Fellow and Post-Fellowship Professional Paths
- Commitment to continuously learn from people and new experiences.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate on a team, make an impact, and be accountable.
- Online research skills and attention to detail.
- Passionate motivation to help local businesses grow, create jobs, and strengthen each community they serve.
You will be:
- Venly field certified on best practices for local businesses in outreach & engagement, community commerce, operations, and cybersecurity.
- Accomplished as a professional consultant leading new client outreach, strategy development, campaign management, and behavior change for businesses across multiple market categories.
- Recognized for achieving measurable revenue growth with local business leaders.
- Experienced in disaster preparedness and incident response best practices for local businesses.
- Distinguished for employment & advanced studies throughout your career.
While the Post-Fellowship careers that Fellows ultimately pursue vary widely, Accepted Candidates most often see themselves on five Post-Fellowship Professional Paths:
- Social Enterprise & Business Leadership – Interest in business and/or business school.
- Strategy & Operations Leadership – Interest in leading business strategy and operations efforts.
- Marketing Leadership – Interest in digital marketing or large-scale marketing based on an understanding of local community demand and demographics.
- Technology & Society Leadership – Interest in Sustainable & Inclusive Growth through Networked AI & Big Data, cybersecure ecommerce, and data science.
- Community Organizing & Public Leadership – Interest in communities, movements, and grassroots causes.
Core Values of a Venly Fellow
Fellows distill their shared beliefs into six simple expressions:
- I believe in being part of a next generation of high-integrity, ethical community leadership where members upskill each other to accomplish progress that would be impossible otherwise.
- I believe in strengthening communities through local businesses and innovation in a world of ecommerce and global competition.
- I believe helping businesses grow begins with understanding what their strengths are, what they most want, and what they most need.
- I believe the core of the Fellowship is professional and personal growth for me, as a Fellow, and commercial growth for the communities and businesses that I serve.
- I am an independent thinker and I am confident in my training, tools, and ability to take initiative.
- I want to be part of a successful ongoing collaboration with local businesses that depends on past and future Fellows.
Business Tracks and Skill Sets from the Venly Fellowship
- I. SOCIAL MEDIA TRAINING
- II. SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
- III. SOCIAL MEDIA ANALYSIS
- IV. OUTREACH & COMMUNICATIONS
- V. OUTREACH RESOURCE PRIORITIZATION
- VI. CONTENT CREATION
- VII. ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- VIII. WEBSITE DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION
- IX. ECOMMERCE
- X. SECURE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
A FELLOW’S UNIQUE JOURNEY: MEASURING THE FELLOWSHIP’S PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL IMPACT