Get Started: Peake Fellowship
Apply to be a Peake Fellow
Mary S. Peake Fellowship Overview
- Recent Graduates
- Returning Veterans
- Military Spouses
- Social media-based Outreach & Engagement
- Community Commerce-based innovation of products and services
- Cloud-based Operations software
- Cybersecure grassroots use of Networked AI & Big Data
Attributes of a Peake Fellow and Post-Fellowship Professional Paths
- Commitment to continuously learn from people and new experiences.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate on a team, make an impact, and be accountable.
- Online research skills and attention to detail.
- Passionate motivation to help local businesses grow, create jobs, and strengthen each community they serve.
You will be:
- Field Certified on best practices for local businesses in Outreach & Engagement, Community Commerce, Operations, and Cybersecurity.
- Accomplished as a professional consultant leading new client outreach, strategy development, campaign management, and behavior change for businesses across multiple market categories.
- Recognized for achieving measurable revenue growth with local business leaders.
- Experienced in disaster preparedness and incident response best practices for local businesses.
- Distinguished for employment & advanced studies throughout your career.
While the Post-Fellowship careers that Fellows ultimately pursue vary widely, Accepted Candidates most often see themselves on five Post-Fellowship Professional Paths:
- Social Enterprise & Business Leadership – Interest in business and/or business school.
- Strategy & Operations Leadership – Interest in leading business strategy and operations efforts.
- Marketing Leadership – Interest in digital marketing or large-scale marketing based on an understanding of local community demand and demographics.
- Technology & Society Leadership – Interest in Sustainable & Inclusive Growth through Networked AI & Big Data, cybersecure ecommerce, and data science.
- Community Organizing & Public Leadership – Interest in communities, movements, and grassroots causes.
Core Values of a Peake Fellow
Fellows distill their shared beliefs into six simple expressions:
- I believe in being part of a next generation of high-integrity, ethical community leadership where members upskill each other to accomplish progress that would be impossible otherwise.
- I believe in strengthening communities through cybersecure local businesses and innovation in a world of ecommerce and global competition.
- I believe helping businesses grow begins with understanding what their strengths are, what they most want, and what they most need.
- I believe the core of the Fellowship is professional and personal growth for me, as a Fellow, and commercial growth for the communities and businesses that I serve.
- I am an independent thinker and I am confident in my training, tools, and ability to take initiative.
- I want to be part of a successful ongoing collaboration with local businesses that depends on past and future Fellows.
If these values match your passion for helping local businesses and your goals for the next year, complete our application to receive an assessment of your fit followed by a Peake interview in-person or over the web.
Business Tracks and Skill Sets from the Peake Fellowship
MARY S. PEAKE FELLOWSHIP EXPERIENCES
“It was such an honor working with the Peake team and learning from the Peake team.”
Peake Pilot Program Fellowship Support Team Lead
Colleen was selected as Support Team Lead after she completed her service as a U.S. Marine officer leading Female Engagement Teams in Afghanistan.