- Complete the 3 to 5 hour, self-paced pre-employment testing
- 12-month commitment to your local area
- Be available during normal business working hours
- Enthusiasm for small business outreach and client enrollment in the Venly service
- A positive attitude and sense of humor
- A laptop and a smartphone
- Transportation to service local clients
- Active personal social media use
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks using prioritization methods
- Online research skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt new strategies and incorporate them into training for clients’ social media campaigns
Venly welcomes all applications from recent college graduates or returning veterans who think they have what it takes to become a great Fellow. Fellows lead a Community Connection Campaign for each Chamber of Commerce that is a Venly Network Partner. Fellows operate in the field at each Chamber with support from the Venly Operations Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Venly and Venly Institute certify each community social media trainer. Once certified, Venly Fellows serve members of local Chambers of Commerce and other local business leaders. Venly seeks candidates with a passion for improving their communities, who combine social media expertise with a desire to help local businesses connect with their customers and prospects more effectively. Candidates must complete a 20-hour, self-paced social media best practices certification process before they can begin training clients.
- Contact and consult with local business owners to present the Venly service to secure and develop the client base among Chamber members.
- Conduct continuous outreach to enroll clients.
- Evaluate clients’ existing social media presence and recommend ways that each client can improve their social media presence.
- Coordinate clients’ social media marketing and outreach campaigns.
- Grow the Venly Network membership through outreach and excellent customer service that will justify clients renewing their enrollment with you and with Venly’s service.
- Serve as each local business owner’s trusted adviser on that company’s use of Add-on services from a network of specialists.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends and opportunities in social media.
- Recruiting, coaching, and/or sales experience with demonstrated success
- Understanding of basic web and business analytics, tools, and methods
Think you may be a great fit? Please click “Apply to be a Fellow Here” to begin the application process. A Venly team member will be in touch with you soon.